Here at LDN CBD our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products possible to support them in dealing with any physical and mental challenges and creating a healthy lifestyle.
Land and natural resource use
Our CBD is derived from hemp which is one of the world’s most sustainable agricultural crops. Our cultivators use their land responsibly in the farming and production of our CBD. The practices that they use include:
- No deforestation or other ecosystem destruction to clear land for hemp crops.
- The waste biomass and fibres created from the extraction process are remediated back into the land to ensure that the topsoil is increasing in quality and diversity each year.
- Producers have systems in place that aim to maintain soil structure and control erosion.
- Excessive water use is avoided. Crop irrigation is based on an identified need and irrigation water usage records are kept.
- All wastes and fertilisers are stored in a manner that minimises the risk of contamination or pollution.
- Only appropriate, safe and suitable fertilisers and soil improvement products are applied to land.
- Hemp plants attract all manner of wildlife and are a haven for bees and pollinating insects.
Responsible waste management
- We are committed to minimal waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
- Our waste removal company First Mile are a zero-to-landfill waste management firm who support a number of ecological and humanitarian charities.
- All general waste sacks are sent to a facility where green energy is generated from waste.
- 77% of the total waste is recycled (compared to an average of 33% in London).
Packaging & Plastics
- Our aim is to ensure that all packaging is environmentally friendly, e.g. either recyclable or biodegradable. We also aim to minimise the use of plastics in our consumer packaging. However, at present there are a some exceptions in our product range which are not recyclable.
- Exceptions; The droppers for our tinctures, the massage oil lids and balm jar lids are not widely able to be recycled in the UK. We are actively looking for alternatives to achieve a rate of 100% recyclable packaging! Here’s the breakdown of the materials we are currently seeking replacements for. Please note that all calculations are the packaging only and don’t include the weight of the product:
- Tincture: glass bottle weight 26.4gm (recyclable), dropper weight 5.5gm (not currently recyclable). Total percentage of recyclable tinctures packaging: 79.17%
- Massage oil: glass bottle weight 100gm (recyclable), lid weight 2.5gm (not currently recyclable). Total percentage of recyclable massage oil packaging: 97.5%
- Balm: glass jar weight 93gm (recyclable), lid weight 6.4gm (not currently recyclable). Total percentage of recyclable balms packaging: 93.12%
- Our glass bottles are made in the UK. The supplier is ISO 9001 certified (quality management systems standard) and ISO 14001 certified (effective environmental management system standard). This means that they are independently assessed for their best practice. Besides this, they have set up bug hotels and bird boxes on the grounds of their office to promote biodiversity!
- Our product packaging boxes are made from 100% FSC sustainable board and have PEFC certification. This means that the management is dedicated to promoting and practising sustainable forest management. All cardboard used is biodegradable, recyclable and compostable.
- The boxes are printed using chemistry free & fully recyclable plates. The printer utilises a thermal imaging process that eliminates all chemical processing from the printing plates, which are also recycled after use.
- Box inks & sealants: We use natural vegetable-based inks which are more environmentally friendly and make it easier to recycle paper/cardboard.
Thanks for reading and please do get in touch if you have questions about the company or any of the products we sell.
You can call us on 020 3289 1968 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.